San Diego Trademark Attorney
Filing a trademark application and obtaining a trademark registration is the most important part of establishing your brand. Trademarks are extremely valuable assets to any business, as trademarks help consumers identify the source of products or services. A strong trademark will help reinforce your brand and your identity and will help you avoid getting lost in a sea of competitors.
Why Choose T-Rex Law?
Our experienced trademark attorneys will help guide you through the process of obtaining a U.S. trademark registration, will advise you on how to enforce and protect your trademark, and how to keep your trademark forever. Our firm works on a 100% flat fee basis, so you will never be surprised with a large bill. Contact T-Rex Law today for a free consultation, and to see how our experienced San Diego trademark attorneys can help you.
What are the Steps to Obtain a U.S. Trademark Registration?
Our San Diego trademark attorneys will help you through the following steps:
- Trademark Search, which will review the United States Patent and Trademark Office Register for availability.
- Preparing and filing your U.S. and/or state trademark application.
- Responding to any Office Actions issued against your U.S. trademark application.
- Enforcing your trademark against infringers, if needed.
Step 1 (Trademark Search) involves researching the United States Patent and Trademark Office Register to see if your proposed trademark is available. The Trademark Search also analyzes your trademark for uniqueness, strength, and likelihood of registration of your trademark. We will help you understand why trademarks are important, why trademark registration is important, and any challenges you may have through registration.
Step 2 (filing your trademark application) involves carefully crafting your trademark application to reduce costs and fees later on, and to ensure comprehensive protection for your trademark while minimizing risks. Your application will be examined by the Patent and Trademark Office several months after filing, and our San Diego trademark attorneys will monitor your trademark application through the entire process.
Step 3 (responding to trademark Office Actions) involves responding to any refusals or bars to registration of your proposed trademark. Our San Diego trademark attorneys are very experienced in trademark prosecution and obtaining U.S. trademark registration, and are ready to help if needed.
Step 4 (enforcing your trademark) involves any enforcement efforts to stop an infringer from infringing use of the same or similar trademark. These efforts can involve a Demand Letter, an Opposition or Cancellation proceeding before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, or a number of other methods. Our San Diego trademark attorneys are experienced and will walk you through your options.
What Kinds of San Diego Trademark Services Does T-Rex Handle?
Our San Diego trademark attorneys will help you with the following trademark services:
- Trademark Search, consisting of a comprehensive review of common law (unregistered) sources, the United States Patent and Trademark Office Register, and popular social media sources like Facebook and Instagram.
- Preparing and filing your U.S. trademark application.
- Preparing and filing trademark applications in foreign countries through the Madrid Protocol.
- Responding to any Office Actions issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Preparing and filing state trademark applications if needed.
- Updating corporate policy to reflect proper use of the ® and ™ symbols and proper user of your trademarks.
- Recording your U.S. trademark registration with U.S. Customs to prevent importation of infringing goods.
- Trademark Demand Letters, Oppositions, and Cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Ex Parte Appeals through the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Licensing Agreements.
Please note trademark rights can last forever, but businesses can lose trademark rights if they do not enforce their trademarks or if businesses allow them to be infringed over time. Our San Diego trademark attorneys can help.
Free Consultation with Our San Diego Trademark Attorneys
If you are interested in discussing your trademarks and protecting your intellectual property portfolio, please contact us for a free consultation at (858) 220-2345. When you need a San Diego trademark attorney, our team is here to help protect your trademarks and intellectual property both in San Diego and around the world.