Non-Equity Intellectual Property Partner with Profit Sharing
T-Rex Law, P.C. (“T-Rex Law”) is looking for a non-equity Partner to assist with Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (“TTAB”) proceedings and other intellectual property matters including foreign and domestic trademark prosecution, Copyright prosecution, trademark, Copyright, and trade secret infringement, etc. We are a team of honest, straightforward, and hardworking individuals that put forth our best for our clients.
Our ideal candidate is someone that is detail oriented, has strong communication skills, takes ownership of their work, and is motivated to make a difference for our clients. They must also have experience with taking and defending Depositions, attending Oral Hearings, filing evidence, and filing Trial Briefs in TTAB proceedings and in federal court. We’re looking for someone who will zealously defend our clients.
After coming from larger firms and organizations, our team understands how important work life balance is. Therefore, our firm offers an autonomous work environment that is 100% remote. We strongly value non-work time and offer stipends for fitness and entertainment to get you out of the “office”. T-Rex Law also strives to give our employees a space where they feel heard and valued, and actually get a say in how the firm operates. Our current team consists of 2 other attorneys, a Director of Operations, and a law clerk.
Think you are the right fit? We would love to hear from you.
T-Rex Law has a billable hours requirement of 1800 billable hours/year.
T-Rex Law is a boutique intellectual property firm that focuses primarily on Opposition and Cancellation proceedings before the TTAB. T-Rex Law has a broad variety of clients in all stages of TTAB proceedings, from filing Answers to Motions to Dismiss to responding to Discovery Requests to filing Trial Briefs. T-Rex Law also does extensive trademark and Copyright prosecution work. We work with a variety of different industries including food/beverage, clothing/apparel, software/applications, fitness/wellness, and more.
What sets our firm apart from others is that we work on 100% flat fees with our clients. We believe in transparency with both our clients and our employees.
- Education: Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice law within the state of California
- 5-10 years of TTAB and federal court litigation experience
- Ability and willingness to litigate in California District Courts
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Active and good standing with the State Bar of California
- Ability to prosecute Patents welcome, but not required
- Mobile book of business welcome, but not required
- Fully Remote
- 100% Paid Healthcare for Employee (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays (Washington, D.C. Holiday Schedule)
- Paid Sick Time
- Monthly Stipend for Fitness
- Monthly Stipend for Entertainment
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage
- State Bar Fees Paid
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume here.
All inquiries will be kept confidential. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.